As of the beginning of 2020, Academy Biznet has discontinued regular in-person meetings.
In order to continue to support of the personal and professional goals of Service Academy Graduates in the Denver area through networking, job assistance, advice, and contacts we are maintaining our online resources. Here are some options for service academy grads in the Denver area who'd like to continue networking with each other:
- LinkedIn: Our existing LinkedIn group is called Denver Service Academy BizNet and currently has 251 members. www.linkedin.com/groups/2867368/ . This group is administered by Jim Burke and Joe Paniccia.
- Facebook: Our existing Facebook group is called Academy BizNet of Colorado: www.facebook.com/Academy-Biznet-of-Colorado-242690073301/ and is administered by Dave Jackson
- Web Site: Our existing web site is here at www.academybiznet.org/
- Roster: Our roster is a Google Docs spreadsheet and linked through this web site. For questions pertaining to the roster please contact Dave Jackson
- Blog: Our existing blog is at academybiznetblog.blogspot.com/
- Ad-Hoc Meetings: While our scheduled meetings will discontinue after this week, the Embassy Suites remains an option for individual meet-ups of your choosing. You're certainly free to make that happen and use the Embassy Suites (7525 East Hampden) as a meeting place if desired. Our informal, no-cost, verbal arrangement with the hotel has been to use any available seating/tables in their public area (the large atrium), which you could still do if desired. Of course, any non-overnight guests who want to use their buffet for breakfast/coffee/etc. must pay first at the front desk.
- BizNet in Colorado Springs: The BizNet group in Colorado Springs remains alive and well. Their weekly meetings are each Tuesday at 0700, with the same approach and casual format as we've had in the Denver BizNet group -- in fact the Springs group was a direct spin-off from our Denver group beginning in 2008. They meet at Jason's Deli, 7455 North Academy Boulevard. Their primary communication vehicle is a LinkedIn group called Service Academy Biznet Pikes Peak Region. www.linkedin.com/groups/2848826/
If you would like to restart regular in-person meetings and are willing to facilitate them, the resources listed above are available. To get the word out we recommend using the roster as it exists, and your local AOG or alumni organization. Please contact Joe Paniccia. for advice on how to reboot.